Before and After Treatment Care
- Do not wax, tweeze, or pluck unwanted hairs prior to treatment. Instead, trim the hairs with cuticle scissors.
- Avoid sources of stress before your appointment. Arrive early and reduce caffeine and sugar.
- Drink plenty of water. This will help to keep your skin moist, which will speed up healing and make treatment more effective.
- Menstruation can increase sensitivity, so you may want to avoid making appointments during that time.
- If you find you are very sensitive, consider taking an over-the-counter pain reliever about 30 minutes before your appointment.
- Avoid direct sunlight for 48 hours before your appointment.
- If you are on Accutane, you must discontinue use for at least 6 months before beginning electrolysis treatment.
- To prevent breakouts, do not touch, wash, or apply makeup to the treated area for 24 hours. Consider applying an antibacterial ointment, such as Bacitracin.
- Avoid excessive sweating for 24 hours.
- Avoid direct sunlight for 48 hours.
- Avoid swimming for 48 hours.
- If small scabs appear, do not pick or scratch them off. Removing scabs can cause scarring.
- If discomfort occurs, witch hazel or an Epsom salt compress can be used to reduce irritation.
- Feel free to call with any questions or concerns: 860 415 8571.